Definition of Workplace Bullying

DEFINITION:
Workplace Bullying is repeated, health-harming mistreatment of one or more persons (the targets) by one or more perpetrators that takes one or more of the following forms:
*Verbal abuse

*Offensive conduct/behaviors (including nonverbal) which are threatening, humiliating, or intimidating

*Work interference — sabotage — which prevents work from getting done
http://www.workplacebullying.org/individuals/problem/definition/
"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself.”
~Harvey S. Firestone

Monday, August 29, 2011

Interesting Facebook emails a month prior to the target being me!

I was looking over some facebook emails and want to kick myself right in the butt.  I have always been a person who would defend a person being bullied, stand up for others in need and advocate for others when need be.  I think that is the most disappointing thing about re-reading these facebook emails, although there were some issues with this particular co-worker, every few months he/she was the "targeted" employee.  Defending him or her, pointing out positive factual stuff and even joking that the bullying boss was never going to fire this co-worker, never stopped the bullying this co-worker experienced for nearly 3 years, the abuse was consistent.  In the end, this co-worker played the game with the bullying boss against me and funny thing, the bullying boss looked to this co-worker to help target me. 

Maybe "birds of feather flock together".  I wonder if a bully surrounds themselves with followers, insecure and like people? Or do they play people around them to catch them in their web of dysfunction?

The signs were there and the comments about another "targeted"co-worker clearly shows his/her narcissitic/bullying thought process.  Here is a glimpse of the bullying boss in action and his/her thoughts about the "targeted" co-worker:


"not funny.... she/he is infitrating every aspect of my professional and personal life. I made my sister/brother delete her/him".
 "oh....sweet Caroline, are you wrong this time... I can longer handle the complete stupidity.... Need someone more honest and smarter... she/he played more games with me today....."
"I thought she/he was smart... she/he didn't play stupid when noone was around...her/his games are enough. let her/him work her/his ass off right now..... haha... I'm not even mad anymore... I put an ad out tonight on (location omitted)... should post Friday. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
"Working it out is not the same as calling a person into the office and telling her/him to send an email to me.  Working it out means that both employees feel comfortable, no? And here's the point...She/he is now talking to (name omitted)about this crap and again bringing other employees into it, correct?
 "PS Who did (name omitted)say it to? U or her/him? I need this shit documented via email as it happens.  Need to give it to my lawyer asap"
"It is too bad. if he/she doesn't sign it, then he/she has to leave immediately. It's a last chance agreement. he/she has a chance to straighten up his/her act...and (name omitted) didn't do anything with the shirt
except tell me that (name omitted) had the shirt
in her/his office! Too bad if they took it!"
"haha.... She/He can't do much... I have decided I'm not going to fire (name omitted) right away, but he/she won't have a key anymore. Someone else will have to open and close when it's done because I don't trust him/her. It will be ugly, but I think tomorrow should be okay because he/she won't be getting fired, he./she will be getting a last chance agreement. If he/she disagrees, he/she can say so or respond. I don't give a shit. It's my way or the high way. That's the only fucking good thing about being in charge. Haha... BUT, don't try to protect me, I need to know everything he/she says as he/she says it. I'm fine...not going to let his/her bullshit stress me out anymore."
 "Besides....leaving (name omitted) there gives her/him something else to lose....and then when things are calm, she/he will probably quit. Let's see how tomorrow goes. If she's/he's calm and improves..she/he may be around a little longer... Sometimes, he/she gets her/his shit together...but as I said...IT IS THE LAST FUCKING POSSIBLE CHANCE and I think that it's generous"
 "Good...let's see what happens tomorrow when you guys go. He/She should be fine. It's a last chance agreement..he/she will know where he/she stands.... If he/she doesn't sign, I guess the meeting is canceled. :) Relax....."
"P.S. I have an entire binder filled with his/her incompetence and his/her emails "apologizing" since (date omitted)..... I think I have plenty of ammo to fire him/her...really? He/She could get Johnny Cochran and I still have plenty of documentation that I am not picking on him/her. WTF."
 "And stop worrying! Who gives a fuck! I had the best day without him/her there or his/her son/daughter! He/She is a fucking conniving pain in the ass also!"


It is rather funny that he/she believes he/she can beat Johnny Cochran and its their way or the highway. Even though I have re-read this a number of times over the past year, I realize the truth slapping me in the face...It did not matter what type of worker I was, my moral, ethical traits, my hard working ways, helpfulness, or leadership qualities I possess. I was up against a person who felt they were invincible and untouchable, the boss at all costs. It was either conforming to his/her ways and accepting he/she was the end all be all when I was targeted, sacrifcing my soul and everything I stood for-I would of still been working there. Or standing my ground, never being unprofessional, never stooping where he/she wanted me to go and never expressing my work ethics. He/she could not get me to be one of his/her followers, I WON. Yes, I said it finally, I WON, my health may have suffered and I lost my job but in the end I can sleep knowing I never gave up my soul to the devil, to the bullying boss.

The healing begins today,

Targeted

No comments:

Post a Comment